We’re always looking for contributions of unique points of view and experiences from people of all stripes across the former Soviet immigrant spectrum, on a vast variety of rotating themes. The goal of the site is discussion and sharing of different perspectives. Our vision is a space for Americans with Soviet roots to share our lives, our experiences, and our culture, both with our own community, and with American society at large.
Submissions should be:
- 500 words or less – we want to give readers a glimpse and offer room for more discussion
- Offer a personal perspective – No need to write in the first person or use specific names, but it should be generally based on real events that have happened in your life.
- Think of it as a creative writing prompt…feel free to be as expressive as you like, but just remember it will be published under your (first) name online.
- In a Word document, or editable, linked Google document. Other media are generally not accepted but we’ll consider other formats (comics, poems, etc.) based on the format and theme.
- Include a potential title and art from WikiArt.
Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All authors retain rights to their work, but Ironed Curtains also reserves the right to share or excerpt work on other media via Creative Commons.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
We hope to reply within 2 weeks.